Have you always desired to build your own cosmetic business, but you’ve never had the confidence to take the plunge? You’re probably wondering where to even start. Do you buy a website first, or are you supposed to think of a cool, catchy name?
While those are some good places to start, you should also think about where you’re going to source your products from. Unless you’ve got gallons of fragrances laying around, you’re going to want to partner up with some wholesale cosmetic vendors.
The stress of deciding between wholesale suppliers shouldn’t cause you any wrinkles. You just need a little help in knowing how to pick the right cosmetic vendor for your business. Fortunately, we’ve developed this guide for you to help get you on your way to your first sale.
How Do People Normally Find a Supplier?
Members of the cosmetic business community take many different paths to locate the right supplier for their business. They will thoroughly research all of the cosmetic vendors until they find the most popular products that they need to sell to be successful.
The next step they take is getting in contact with each of them to negotiate prices and delivery schedules. They may even order a few samples to get an idea of what a customer will experience from this provider. Discussions may continue and involve branding and specialized packaging.
Thankfully, this isn’t the only way to source a supplier. Companies like UMMA will save you the hassle of researching products and give you access to only the most popular brands and products for your target customer.
What Types of Wholesale Cosmetic Vendors Are There?
Before the internet, if you had a desire to start your own cosmetics company, your choices were limited. However, there is an abundance of options today to suit any type of niche that you wish to pursue. Some of the most popular cosmetic vendors available to choose from include:
A local wholesaler is normally close to where you live or within the same country. Some may organize distribution on your behalf or send their products direct to you so that you can post them in your own packaging. The only downside is that you’ll need enough space to store these items.
Locking in an exclusive distributor allows you to relinquish yourself of the duties that come with sending your products to customers. If there is ever a complaint with your orders, these companies will resolve them on your behalf. However, it still may have impacts on your brand, which you’ll need to consider.
Online Overseas Vendors
Sourcing products online comes with the benefit that you’re likely to get it cheaper than if you were to partner with a local wholesaler. Countries like Korea can offer popular brand names at a fraction of the cost, which helps puts more money in your pocket. Partnering with an online vendor like UMMA, who is based in Korea, can also help get you access to the newest products and share insights on what’s flying off the shelves so you can get a piece of the action.
What Are the Advantages of Online Sourcing?
Sourcing your cosmetic products online has never been easier. Instead of being restricted to a smaller physical community, you’re able to source goods from wholesalers around the globe. Some of the other perks of partnering with an online provider include:
- Fast and easy ordering through simple online portals
- Live tracking so that you always know where your products are
- Cheaper costs for products as the companies have no shop front overheads
- Simple to communicate through methods such as online chat and email
Partnering with an online wholesaler like UMMA means that everything is now in real-time. So, if there are sales or discounts on products, then you’re alerted immediately when these offers are live. This level of speed also benefits your customers, as they don’t need to wait to access these savings.
What Are the Advantages of Korean Wholesalers?
As you search around the globe for the best cosmetic vendors, one of the countries you’ll find yourself coming back to is Korea. There are certain qualities and attributes that you’ll notice when you dive deeper into what these wholesalers, like UMMA, have to offer. Some of their advantages include:
- Ability to source products quickly
- Extensive range of high-end products available
- Quality of relationships that are formed with brands
- High level of customer service with providers
- Willingness to work with businesses of all shapes and sizes
- Longer expiry dates on products so you can savor everything you buy
You’ll find a genuine desire from Korean companies to help and service your startup, which helps form a true partnership and gives you the assurance that you’re in it together. This is because these distributors know that they can’t be successful unless your business is doing well and selling plenty of products.
What Are the Advantages of Using UMMA as an Online Wholesaler?
Like some Korean wholesalers, UMMA doesn’t just want to be your source for quality cosmetic products, we want to assist in helping your business become successful and reach the goals you’ve set for it. But there are plenty of other reasons to team up with UMMA, including:
- Our direct connection to brands that not only get you the latest and greatest products, but also the marketing insights that help advise you how to sell them to your customers
- How we nurture relationships with all of our buyers
- The speed in which we source our genuine products
- The quality of our real-time information so everything you need is at your fingertips
- Our unique insights on brand distribution so you’re one of the first to know when a new product is launching
- The opportunity to follow product trends that allows you to jump on a product when it starts becoming a global sensation
- The large volume of genuine products we have available in our store
- That we’re an online seller and are available whenever you jump on our website
It doesn’t matter if you’re a small social media seller or a high-end retailer, you’ll always get treated like a part of the family. You’ll even get access to our business intelligence such as global and local market insights to help your business grow to great heights.
How Can You Get Started?
If you’re currently searching for wholesale cosmetic vendors, then you don’t need to look very far. Getting started with UMMA is not only simple, but it’s free. Sign up today and get access to top name brands like Secret Key, Tonymoly, and Iope at wholesale prices.